Re: definite integral of arbitrary function

From: rdurkacz
Subject: Re: definite integral of arbitrary function
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 02:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

Thankyou Juan for your answer, I appreciate it. However it may be that you
have misunderstood my question.
If I use one of the quad functions, that function requires a function as an
argument and two limits and returns
a number. I know about this; I want more than this; I want a function in
return. Thus if f is defined as a function in
octave I wish to write g= adiff (h); (adiff -"anti-derivative", and I am
neglecting some boundary condition argument here).
g should just as good a function as f is, and I should be able to write
g([0:0.1:1]), quad (g, ...), lsode (g, ...) etc.

It is obvious how to write adiff as a special case of lsode but I run into
practical problems as mentioned. Also as mentioned, there
are unanswered posts that seem to touch on this question. One is this:

Marcin Sleczka
Dec 14, 2008; 12:52am
Re: Numerical Integration
I suspect it is the same question as mine, but not understood and ultimately
unanswered.

Another relevant note is this:
Paul Thomas
Jul 25, 2004; 11:57pm
integration function
It discusses which is better when for integration, quadxx or lsode.

Sorry if I am missing something basic. I first tried with MathCad, now with
with Octave assuming it does the same as Matlab.
ie I am a beginner with Octave if that is not obvious.