3d plot projection

From: willi k
Subject: 3d plot projection
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,
I want to visualize some 3D shapes in a box (see pictures), but when I
change the view from [0,0] to a more 3-dimensional view angle, the
projection gets messed up.

The first picture is after application of:
set(gca,"view",[0,0])
the second after application of:
set(gca,"view",[0,.00000001]).
But in both cases the black shape should stay approximately round!

Is it possible to change the projection (couldn't find anything), or use
another backend to get rid of this deformation?

I'm using octave 3.6.1 with Gnuplot Version 4.4 patchlevel 2  on ubuntu
10.04

best regards
Willi