Re: Loading Excel files

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Loading Excel files
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:09:24 +0200

>For a quick and dirty transfer, if you have data on your spreadsheet in
>columns, I have been able to copy and paste from the spreadsheet
>columns into the Octave editor, without problems from OpenOffice

Yes, this can be fast for small quantities of data and non-repetitive
tasks, I do it often.

A very simple way for big data is to save in text format and read them
with load().

Next, as it has been said, is saving in csv and load with csvread().

Next, as it has been said, is loading the io package and using the
functions therein.

You have an array of possibilities, choose one :)

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107