Subplot and Legend

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Subplot and Legend
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:04:12 +0200

Hi all,

I have been trying to make one legend for a set of subplots.
The function legend creates a legend hose position is fixed to the
current axes. Therefore I tried creating an additional axis that cover
the whole figure and add the subplots inside.
It doesn't work cause the legend's contents are also connected to the axes.

Is there anyway to move freely the legend inside the figure
(independent of the axis created by subplot)?
Is it possible to resize the box containing the legend? (in case
'otientation' 'horizontal' and subplots, the legend can use several
lines, which in a whole figure context wouldn't be necessary)

Thanks

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----