Graph cannot rotate ylabel to read vertical after 3.6.1 update

From: Hornet
Subject: Graph cannot rotate ylabel to read vertical after 3.6.1 update
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

I am using Gui Octave. I had code that would make a graph with the ylabel
reading sideways. After update it has gone horizontal. I was advised to use
    set (get (gca, 'ylabel'), 'rotation', 90)
the only way this will work is if I change the fontsize to >13
    ylabel('foo', 'fontsize',13)
Some reason the default size is forcing the text horizontal until a fontsize
threshold is exceeded. Is this just me or y'all too?

Thanks,
Hornet