Help about the "fscanf" function; differnces between MATLAB and OCTAVE

From: _Pascal
Subject: Help about the "fscanf" function; differnces between MATLAB and OCTAVE
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:32:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
[I am a very beginner with OCTAVE...]
I have an issue with the function /fscanf/. *Running the same script .m file
with Octave and Matlab does not produce the same results :-(*.

Joined in the attached .zip file
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4555196/curv_debug.zip
curv_debug.zip :
 - /script_a_lancer.m/ : the script to be runned (which calls
/read_sfc_simple.m/)
 - /read_sfc_simple.m/ is the function containing instructions where
/fscanf/ is called
 *It is a very short function: only 8 very short lines of code* (could you
please have a look on it?)

 - Main_Surf.txt (the file that /read_sfc_simple.m/ should read)
 - Resultats_avec_OCTAVE.png: the results obtained with OCTAVE: *z is a
column-vector of 1099 rows*
 - Resultats_avec_MATLAB.png: the results obtained with MATLAB: *z is a
column-vector of 40401 rows*

Results obtained with MATLAB are the correct ones. My question: why OCTAVE
gives differents results?
Could you suggest me how to modify my code to obtain the same results with
both MATLAB and OCTAVE ?

Best Regards
Pascal