Re: where is help in octave?

From: Robert H
Subject: Re: where is help in octave?
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 04:04:15 -0700 (PDT)

From: c. <address@hidden>

>1) Octave
>
>As explained here:
>
>www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Help.html#index-help_002c-on_002dline-88
>
>you can access the full text of the Octave manual via the info browser by typing "doc" at the Octave prompt.

I get an error:

octave:1> doc
info: /usr/share/info/octave3.2.info: No such file or directory

>If you prefer the html version over the info version, you can browse it here:
>http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/index.html

I know about this. But I am looking for help for all the packages I just installed as well. For example, in the above web page, there is no mention of control package functions.

>pkg describe -verbose <PACKAGE NAME>

ok, will look at the octave pkg command. thanks.

Robert