where is help in octave?

From: Robert H
Subject: where is help in octave?
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 02:18:42 -0700 (PDT)

First time using octave.

I installed it using apt on linux, and also installed all the octave related 3rd party packages I can see on synaptic package manager such as octave-control, octave-plot, octave-statistics, octave-signal, octave-qt, and many more...

Now here is the problem: How do I find what functions I have now? I see no help like with Matlab.

When I am inside octave, I type help, it tells me to do

help NAME

but I have no idea what NAME is there to start with.

Is there a way to find what functions I have now installed for octave, including all these packages I just installed?

Robert