Log does not work on matriz of uint8 - Help me please

From: baldacim
Subject: Log does not work on matriz of uint8 - Help me please
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:59:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody,

I'm doing a work and I'm having some problems with log and uint8.
I need apply a log on image (uint8 matriz) but the octave returns a error.
Above the code, can someone help me please?

im1 = imread(filein);
uint8(im1);
im2 = log2(im1);

But it returns:
error: octave_base_value::log2 (): wrong type argument `uint8 matrix'

How can I apply log in a image??? Please give me some help.
Thanks a lot.