Re: Recent updates to I/O package xmlread API leave Matlab/Octave incomp

From: Pablo Mayrgundter
Subject: Re: Recent updates to I/O package xmlread API leave Matlab/Octave incompatible
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 18:34:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Philip,

Happy to help, though not sure how involved it is.  I see you're maintaining it, so maybe we can chat through a few patches?

I'd move the current xml{read,write} functions out entirely like I suggested and replace them with java-based handlers.  Does that sound like a good approach?

If so, next issue is that when I go to build packages, the Makefile in octave-forge/packages tries to fetch http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.md5 which is 404.  It looks fairly important for the build versioning process.. any suggestion of how to proceed?

Cheers,
Pablo