Re: Terminal Command No

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Terminal Command No
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:01:49 -0400

On 4 April 2012 15:46, alekhine79 <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am one of the developers of Xoctave. And I can inform you that the version
> 2 is completely rewritten.

Okay, so the source that used to be available is not even relevant for
the current version. Thanks for letting me know.

> The D&G sourcing Ltd. has the rights of the Xoctave (and other software
> programs) and you should talk to them for any kind of license issues.

Do you have any recommendation about whom to contact? I can't find
contact information for this company.

> If I go back to my question, is there a way to get the latest command line
> no?

The command line number is managed by readline, so you will have to
link Octave and Xoctave even more intimately than they are right now
if you want to get that information. Note that readline is
historically quite adamant about GPL violations.

This also seems like a very backwards way to write a GUI. If you can
abide by the terms of the GPL, you might be interested to see what
we're doing in our own Qt GUI in development:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/f6b4236da9f8/gui

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.