Re: Terminal Command No

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Terminal Command No
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:12:35 -0400

On 4 April 2012 15:08, alekhine79 <address@hidden> wrote:
> It is a proprietary program, based on the Xoctave open source version.

It is also, as far as I can tell, based on Octave, to the point where
it doesn't work if there is no Octave involved, and it's using Octave
in its name and promotional materials. Are you the author? I suspect
this is a GPL violation.

If you are the author, you can sell Xoctave if you follow the terms of
the GPL, and you can do whatever you want as long as you're not basing
your work on Octave.

> Just google it and I'm sure you'll find.

Find what? The source code to Xoctave and its distribution under a free license?

- Jordi G. H.