R: Re: Re: Modify machine precision

From: alberto frigerio
Subject: R: Re: Re: Modify machine precision
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:30:42 +0200

No problem :)

Attached you will find the Input data, my results and my friend one. As you might see, they are very similar but not the same.

With matrix X and vector w, the result is given by r = X' * (prod(X*w')./(X*w')); .

Jordi, you are right, I try to explain better what I mean.
eps is the smallest number so that alpha + eps <> alpha. Is there a way to say Octave "Look, I don't want eps to be your default value no more, please use for the function I'm running now this neweps value" ? Obviously it doesn't work if I simpy assign eps = neweps in the script file. I don't know if using my friend precision I will reach his solution, but I do not have any other way to check it ...

Thanks everyone,

   Alberto