Re: 3 D plots

From: asha g
Subject: Re: 3 D plots
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:20:46 +0800 (SGT)

No no no!!!!

Sombrero is a Spanish name for hat. This name is used for the M file because the surface drawn by the math function used in the M file, looks like a hat.

The fact that you can rotate the hat by clicking and dragging it,  means that you should be able to do the same thing with your plot, not the eps file. You have to rotate your picture before you save it to an eps file.

You can rotate it 2 different ways.
1)
 See the function view
 help view
      see also the plotting 3 D section in the manual
 If after you plot the data you then run:
 view(30,45) it will rotate the picture to a view angle of 30 degrees rotated and  45 degrees up.

 2)
     Rotate it with the mouse.

With the sombrero picture it should rotate reasonably fast, but with your plot it will be slow, because you are plotting a very large data set.

HTH

3 D plot is working finally. Now I want it only in black instead of colors. What do I do to get that ?
Thanks
Asha