Compiling octave specifying path to GraphicsMagick library

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Compiling octave specifying path to GraphicsMagick library
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:26:17 -0400

On 23-Mar-2012, Carnë Draug wrote:

| Hi everyone
|
| I can't find the option to specify the path for the GraphicsMagick
| library when compiling octave. I've looked at ./configure --help but
| there is only the --with-magick option which only lets me choose
| between GraphicsMagick and ImageMagick but not define the directory
| for the library. I have tried (guessing) --with-magick-libdir and
| --with-magick-includedir but no success.

Use CPPFLAGS=-I/some/dir to add the directory where the header files
are found and LDFLAGS=-L/some/dir to add the directory where the
library is found.

I'm thinking about removing all the --with-FOO-{include,lib}dir
options because all they do is set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS and they are
not provided for all dependencies, which leads to confusion.

jwe