Re: Compiling octave specifying path to GraphicsMagick library

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Compiling octave specifying path to GraphicsMagick library
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:21:15 -0400

2012/3/23 Carnë Draug <address@hidden>:
> Hi everyone
>
> I can't find the option to specify the path for the GraphicsMagick
> library when compiling octave. I've looked at ./configure --help but
> there is only the --with-magick option which only lets me choose
> between GraphicsMagick and ImageMagick but not define the directory
> for the library. I have tried (guessing) --with-magick-libdir and
> --with-magick-includedir but no success.
>
> I'm trying to do this because the GraphicsMagick library in the system
> is compiled for 8bit but I need support for more. As such, I compiled
> it again on a separate dir and want to use it with octave.

It looks like octave uses pkg-config to find the magick library, so I
think you only need something like

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/path/to/magick/lib/pkgconfig
./configure

There should be a .pc file in the directory you specify.  You can pass
multiple pkg-config directories separated by colons to pick up
libraries installed elsewhere, this will work for any build system
that uses pkg-config.

--
mike