Re: How to get file info from file handle

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: How to get file info from file handle
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:35:42 +0100

Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 3:34 PM, PhilipNienhuis<address@hidden>  wrote:
Is it possible to get some file info (e.g., file name) from a file handle
returned by fopen?

assuming you did a fopen("all") or something that means you don't have
the filename in the firstplace.  If you do a fopen(fid) it will give
you back info about the file. Otherwise, there's some stuff in the
Octave user manual (octave.pdf) section on System Utilities /
Filesystem Utilities.  In particular I see fileattrib and stat. stat
works of a 'file' or 'fid'. it only mentions a 'file' for fileattrib.

Thanks, I didn't spot that section (my bad).

Unfortunately no way yet to recover the file name.....

Philip