Permission denied

From: Kees de Leeuw
Subject: Permission denied
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:44:50 +1100

Hi,

I am very new to Octave. I have just installed it on Mac OS X 10.7.3. I think I
have followed all the installation instructions. I can run Octave from the icon
in my Application folder, but I cannot run it from the terminal. I followed the
instructions given in
http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_MacOS_X_Bundle. When I
enter 'Octave', I get a message '-bash: /usr/local/bin/octave: Permission
denied'.

I would appreciate some help. I believe I need to have this working as I am
involved in software which is using Octave in the background.

Thanks for any help,
Kees