Re: fixed points piecewise-linear fitting

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: fixed points piecewise-linear fitting
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:42:37 +0100

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

If you accept the min square idea (which makes a lot of sense). You
are solving what any FEM in 1D would solve when using linear elements
center in your Yf. You are projection your (X,Y) function into the
tent space. I will search my teaching code. I have a function to do it
somewhere there. In the meanwhile somebody could update us about FEM
1D in Octave?
Maybe Carlo knows about this.

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal