Re: 3 D plot

From: asha g
Subject: Re: 3 D plot
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:20:25 +0800 (SGT)

 I do have GNU plot installed and get perfectly okay 2D plots.
What does upgrading have to do with this ?

Help in sorting this  out would be appreciated.
Thanks
asha

>  I am using Octave 3.2 with Ubuntu OS and am trying to plot a 3 D plot
> either with mesh or surf.
> I have written:
>
> x = linspace ( 0,tmax,niter)
> z = linspace (0,X,N)
> y = vvvv(niter,N)
> [xx,zz] = meshgrid(x,z)
> mesh(xx,y,zz)
> surf(vvvv)
>
> I  get nothing.
>
> Please help.  You can use your values for X,N,tmas, niter etc
>
> Thanks
> Asha
>

> Goals too clearly defined can become blinkers.
> Mary Catherine Bateson

Dear Asha,first of all I would recomend that you upgrade your version
of octave. You can try with some of the unofficial binaries provided
here
http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Octave_for_GNU_Linux:_Binary_Octave_packages_for_GNU_Linux#Unofficial_binaries

Regarding you problem, do you have gnuplot installed in your system?

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----