dbstep problems?

From: fork
Subject: dbstep problems?
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:52:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I am not convinced it's not user error, but dbstep is behaving in a way I do not
expect:

Debugging a function m-file, I set debug_on_error(1) and insert a line in the
file like "error('sldkjf')".  I run the function and get popped into debug mode
as I would expect.  However, I then dbstep to execute the next line, and the
function runs to the end and returns (unless there is an error).

Is this to be expected?  Is it acting (to my mind) strangely because of the way
I am entering debug mode?

Running freebsd, behavior occurs on both octave 3.4.3 and 3.6.1-rc0

Thanks!