Re: Problems with symbolic computation

From: Jurgen Defurne
Subject: Re: Problems with symbolic computation
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 09:15:26 +0100

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 18:39:01 +0100
Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:

> help sym2poly shows that one result is returned not two, what do you
> expect to get back for b?

yes, you are right. I was mixing numden, which returns two returnvalues,
with sym2poly.

I think that I also found a solution to my problem, because the problem
only appears with negative powers of a symbolic variable. Normalizing
by multiplying with the inverse of the most negative power, so that there
are no negative powers anymore does the trick.

Regards,

Jurgen