mailing list hard to find

From: Dan Muresan
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:01:12 +0200

Hi, I have had trouble locating this mailing list. First of all, the
sourceforge page

http://octave.sourceforge.net/archive.html

(which is the first reasonable result that comes up in Google when
searching for "octave mailing list", apart from the useless savanah
pages) points people to the non-existent

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/archive.html

(I guess this was 404'ed instead of being redirected, at some point).
Then, the actual homepage
(http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/support.html) does mention this
mailing list, but it's

1) buried deep in the support section, and
2) hidden behind an e-mail address link text (which makes it look like
a mailto:, which users are conditioned to avoid)

-- Dan