Re: matrix size for plotting ?

From: Christoph Ellenberger
Subject: Re: matrix size for plotting ?
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:58:11 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:06:24 +0000
> Von: Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>
> An: "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <address@hidden>
> CC: Christoph Ellenberger <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Betreff: Re: matrix size for plotting ?

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 5 March 2012 05:24, Christoph Ellenberger <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >> I observe the following and wanted to know if this is intended or
> >> how can I circumvent my problem (eg increasing memory).
> > [snip]
> >> QtHandles and fltk crash for imagesc already for X>=14, while
> >> gnuplot crashes for X>=16.
> >
> > No, a crash is never intended. Please file a bug report.
> >
> >    http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/bugs.html
>
> I tried the VS2010 version on an Atom N270 (500MB RAM) and the imagesc
> sample didn't crash with X=14 or X=16. It took ages (and filled up RAM
> and swap) to render X=16 case, but that's expected. The OpenGL
> renderer is inefficient poor at rendering images.
>
> Michael.

I do have a i5 CPU 750 (2.66GHz) with 3.4 GB RAM so it shouldnt be a cause of
to low RAM. But when using the debug button I end up at an access violation of
ATIOGLXX.dll (I do have a Raedon HD 4650). It might be that since this is a
"downgraded" Win7 PC to XP that the driver may be faulty. I will try an driver
update and report later.

thanks
christoph

PS I will wait for sending a bug report until it is a real bug then [it rather
looks as I have a misconfigured PC]