Re: boxplot: specifying data distribution ?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: boxplot: specifying data distribution ?
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:03:24 +0100

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use boxplot on segmented data to detect portions where the acquisition
> process went wrong. The data are the produced by injecting a pseudo-random
> sequence into a system and recording its output.
>
> For each segment, I extract a mean and a variance, collate everything and
> group according to the input level values. Boxplot on the mean values works
> fine. But on the variances, the undelying distribution is Fisher instead of
> normal. The implication is that some of the points are flagged as outliers,
> yet according to the Fisher pdf there are acceptable.
>
> Would it be possible to specify the pdf of the data for boxplot ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal
>
> --

Hi Pascal,

The developer of boxplot is not in contact with the contact list. Is
there any chance you could send some code to implement such a thing?

Remember to look at the code in the svn.
http://octave.svn.sf.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/main/statistics/inst/boxplot.m?revision=9725&view=markup

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----