Re: input variables form the shell

From: c.
Subject: Re: input variables form the shell
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 23:15:00 +0530

On 1 Mar 2012, at 22:21, jacopo rocchi wrote:

> yes but in the octave script shouldn't I use some kind of argv function to
> save the value 2.0 I give in input in the variable ARG?

no, if you use the --eval option Octave will just parse the string you pass
as if it were written at the Octave prompt, so "2.0" will be recognized as a
real
number and will be set as the value of the first input parameter of the
function "script (ARG)" defined in the file "script.m" therefore

octave -qf --eval "script (2.0)"

is equivalent to

$ octave -qf
> script (2.0)

there is no need to use "argv" if you do it like this

> thanks
c.