classdef functionality

From: deraltefritz
Subject: classdef functionality
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 05:44:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have been googling about this occassionally for the last 2 years, but
whenever I do, the answers I find are not very clear.

So I'll ask this once more: will there be classdef support implemented
sometime (soon) in the future?
And in particular, classdef support that can be used like this:

----------------
classdef myClass
   methods
      % Constructor
      function myInstance = myClass ( )
      end

      % method
      function strOut = myMethod( myInstance, strIn )
         strOut = [ myPrivateVariable strIn ];
      end
   end % methods

   properties( SetAccess = private )
      myPrivateVariable = 'private';
   end % properties

end % myClass

which can be used in octave like this :

myObject = myClass( );
privFoo = myObject.myMethod( 'foo' );

I'm glad for any (up to date) information on the progress of octave's
support of classdef functionality.

Thanks,
Fritz