Disable warnings

From: ahowe42
Subject: Disable warnings
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 01:20:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello all.

I'm migrating from Matlab to Octave, and trying to work though my code
(thousands and thousands of lines) to figure out what needs to be changed to
work with octave.  I'm currently wondering how I can disable the "warning:
inverse: matrix singular to machine precision" warning I get from running
inv().  I have some procedures that run a scalar conversion on a matrix
involving inv().  It's ok for me if the matrix is singular, because my
scalar value will reflect this.  How can I just turn off the warning?

Just using warning("off",...) doesn't work, because there seems to be no ID
for this warning, and I can't look in the source code of inv() because it's
compiled.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew
Ubuntu 11.10