Re: function help

From: damian.harty
Subject: Re: function help
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:46:25 -0800 (PST)

martin_helm wrote

> Because by design all the additional function definitions in the .m file
> are local and hidden to the outside world.

Well, that's the bit I'm not getting. If they are in the script file I'm
working in, they don't get much more local than that, do they? I can
understand why they would be invisible, say, from the command line despite
being present in a script, but I can't understand why they aren't visible
when they are /in this file/ and why instead they /have to be in a file with
their own name/.

Nevertheless, that's how it is, and I need separate files for any functions
that I write or else do that init thing. I'll live. But it ain't about
"local"...

Damian

-----
Senior Research Fellow - Vehicle & System Dynamics
Coventry University
United Kingdom