Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.0 on Windows XP plot fails.
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:47:58 -0800 (PST)

nitnit wrote

> Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote
>>
>> I have tested full test on the development branch source (changeset
>> 14388:b5b49f400f9b) using the latest OpenBLAS (alpha2.5 9dcea60).
>> (Octave and related dependency was linked with Reference BLAS. The
>> libblas.dll is replaced with that generated OpenBLAS.)
>>
>> The OpenBLAS gives only one additional failure (Test in svds.m) for MinGW
>> build.
>>

> <snip>
>
> Another issue which is probably not related to libblas is that for
> octave-3.6.1-rc0 (compiled by me with Tatsuro's libs, with both libblas)
> and also for octave-3.6.0 (built by Tatsuro) I am also getting some errors
> on exit:
>
> error: Permission denied
> error: ignoring octave_execution_exception while preparing to exit

"Permission denied" sounds familiar to me. At work, where the IT dept locked
down my box, I got the same errors and it took me a while to discover the
cause. In my case it related to Octave's history file.

  history_file

to find out where Octave wants to write to. Or do:

  help history_file

to learn more.

I changed the value in my ./share/octave/<version>/m/startup/octaverc file
to something acceptable for my PC.

Philip