Re: Unable to display multiline text

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Unable to display multiline text
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:38:22 -0500

On Feb 22, 2012, at 7:38 AM, ahowe42 wrote:

> Ben
>
> I can confirm on my Ubuntu 11.10 octave 3.4.3 setup the multiline text is
> also not working.  I ran
>
> clf
> axis ([0 8 0 8]);
> title (["1st title";"2nd title"]);
> xlabel (["1st xlabel";"2nd xlabel"]);
> ylabel (["1st ylabel";"2nd ylabel"]);
> text (4, 4, {"Hello", "World"}, ...
>       "horizontalalignment", "center", ...
>       "verticalalignment", "middle");
> grid on
>
> and got
>
> error: text: dimension mismatch for coordinates and LABEL
> error: called from:
> error:   /usr/local/share/octave/3.4.3/m/plot/text.m at line 91, column 9
>
> the plot title only had the first line.  I have gnuplot 1.0.1 loaded, as
> well as plot 1.1.0.
>
> Andrew

hmmm ...

I may have been wrong on the version that first included multiline text objects.

You can see the result at the link below.

        http://octave.sourceforge.net/octave/function/text.html

The 3rd demo includes multiline text. Does the line below display that demo?

        demo ("text", 3)

If not the multiline text was added later.

Ben