Re: [OctDev] Help me write the GSoC application

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Help me write the GSoC application
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:48:11 +0100

2012/2/18 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> Alright, thanks everyone. I think we have a healthy amount of
> proposals for GSoC projects as well as people willing to mentor them:
>
>    http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=GSoC_Project_Ideas
>
> Now we need to write our application:
>
>    http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=GSoC_2012_application
>
> The most important parts with which I need some help are:
>
>    1) What are we going to do if mentors or students go missing?
>    2) How should we select who is qualified to be a mentor?
>    3) How can we encourage more participation from students?
>    4) What sorts of things should we ask in our application template
> for students?
>
> Here are some sample applications from other organisations:
>
>    http://wiki.unknown-horizons.org/w/Application_2011
>    http://libreplanet.org/wiki/GNU_application_for_Summer_of_Code_2011#Form
>    http://www.honeynet.org/gsoc2010/application
>
> Thanks,
> - Jordi G. H.

Hi,
I added some wording inspired by what I read in the other projects. I
think we need a little bit of "vision" text in the questions that
allows it (Like the description of the organization).

We definitely need a form for students applications, I added some
bullet points. We could use (if this is allowed) a Google form for
that.

Regards,

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal