Re: Mkoctfile and Fortran

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Mkoctfile and Fortran
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:49:06 -0500

On Feb 19, 2012, at 6:36 PM, Thomas D. Dean wrote:

> On 02/19/12 14:43, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Calling-External-Code-from-Oct_002dFiles.html
>>

> If I read this correctly, the only way to use fortran in an oct file is to
> create a c++ wrapper?
>
> Tom Dean

You're using gcc/gfortran 4.6, so I'm pretty sure you can interface to c++
directly from fortran.

        http://fortranwiki.org/fortran/show/Generating+C+Interfaces

        http://fortranwiki.org/fortran/show/Fortran+and+Cpp+objects

Its been too long since I worked on this sort of thing, so I won't be much help
if you have questions, but others on the mail-list might.

Ben