Re: Mingw with .oct files

From: Henry Gomersall
Subject: Re: Mingw with .oct files
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 23:24:41 +0000

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 23:20 +0000, Henry Gomersall wrote:
> I presumed this sort of problem would be fairly common, so forgive me if
> it has been documented and I've missed it.
>
> I wish to compile my Windows .oct files using Mingw, either cross
> compiling from within Linux or within Windows.
>
> Is this possible, and how do I make it happen? The only docs I can find
> talk about using Visual Studio, which I really want to avoid.

Having worked out the correct Google-fu, I've come across the
Octave-Mingw package for windows:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave_Windows%20-%
20MinGW/Octave%203.6.0%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/

which presumably uses the included Mingw compiler. The question of
whether its possible to cross compile still remains though, so any
insight into that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Henry