Re: Please help me to install the symbolic package

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Please help me to install the symbolic package
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:03:13 -0800 (PST)

Barrett, Matthew (Towson) wrote

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install the symbolic package for Octave, but receive the
> following error.
>
> I searched the archive that was downloaded, and the files named ginac or
> ginac.h are not in the archive.
>
> Where can I get the missing files?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Matt Barrett

It seems that you are using mingw octave-3.6.0 that has been extracted and
installed from Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2_20120129.7z (available now in
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave_Windows%20-%20MinGW/Octave%203.6.0%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/).

The symbolic package has been already compiled and its binaries + ginac
dependencies are supplied in the pkgs 7z -
Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2_pkgs_20120128.7z.

Download Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2_pkgs_20120128.7z from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave_Windows%20-%20MinGW/Octave%203.6.0%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/
and follow the instructions for installing the pkgs.

Regards
Nitzan