Probably anyone with programming experience can help me!!

From: athan
Subject: Probably anyone with programming experience can help me!!
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:24:16 -0800 (PST)

hello I have a little snug!

i have a big list with 4 arithmetic variables in 4 columns, the first two
are categorical and the two last are x y coordinates
so..

i want to plot a new 2D figure for each different value of the first
variable

and for each figure a new line (plot of x and y) for each different value of
the second variable.

i know how to plot lines point etc.
but i am searching a convenient way to separate the data for each line to be
plotted
this is probably something quite simple but my programming skills are not
quite there.

 thanks a lot