Re: Donation to GNU Octave

From: Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Subject: Re: Donation to GNU Octave
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:30:26 +0100

> Would you still consider giving 2e3 EUR as a donation, if we can arrange that?

I just checked all my e-mails and cannot exactly figure out where the notion of the 2e3 EUR is coming from... :-) Probably it was my e-mail in German? :

"...immerhin habe ich meinem Arbeitgeber (...) ca. 2000€ an einer Matlab-Lizenz gespart...".

Now I see the importance of writing always in English, sorry about that! :-) What I meant here was what I also wrote in my previous e-mail: my institute saved ca. 2000€ on a Matlab license, so I believe it's fair to pass some money to Octave, but the exact amount does not depend on me... Specially if the money is coming out of my pocket (i.e., a donation), even though I could deduce the money from taxes the amount of money I can deduce on donations has an upper limit surely lower than 2K€ per annum, particularly because I'm already spending for amnesty international... I was always thinking on one order of magnitude less, i.e., 2e2 EUR if I can deduce it from taxes and even two orders of magnitude less (ca. 50€) if I cannot. Sorry if I somehow made wrong expectations (I cannot really figure out where)...

Anyhow, the possibility of spending via the ffis is interesting. However, I believe that in this particular case it does not make a big difference and considering that I already spoke to my boss it would be better for me if I keep on with the institutional contribution and not the donation, but if you have a particular reason to decide for the ffis, let me know...

Cheers, Ismael.