Re: QT Octave installation

From: Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Subject: Re: QT Octave installation
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:32:00 +0100

I am pretty sure QtOctave doesn't work properly with 3.4.3. It didn't
work very well with 3.2.4. It's buggy and abandoned.

I installed QtOctave from the repositories (Linux Mint 12, i.e., Ubuntu repositories) some days ago over a compiled Octave 3.4.3. Contrary to what happened to ahowe42, my QtOctave called my installed Octave 3.4.3 (it did not install and called an older Octave version). I only used QTOctave one day but not because I noticed any bugs, simply because I see no big advantages in a GUI. However, I can say that to my experience QtOctave works perfectly fine with Octave 3.4.3... I would only say that this GUI is merely missing hotkeys to comment and indent text blocks, no more than that... Actually, when I read about the new GUI in this list I did not realized that we were talking here about something different to QtOctave... Thus, I wonder (really simply out of curiosity): Why to make a new GUI from scratch considering there is already a lot of work behind QtOctave? Cheers, Ismael.