Re: units updater for figures is broken when using fltk

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: units updater for figures is broken when using fltk
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:12:19 -0500

On Feb 11, 2012, at 3:27 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Did you know about the method function::properties::set_boundingbox?
>>> Along with its get_boundingbox counterpart, those 2 methods are
>>> specifically designed to sync the figure window position between a
>>> graphics toolkit and octave. So in theory, the graphics toolkit never
>>> accesses the figure position directly (because of inverted Y-axis and
>>> 1-based indexing), but does it through get_boundingbox/set_boundinbox
>>> methods.
>>>
>>> Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.
>>>
>>> Michael.
>>
>> I was aware of the set/get boundingbox methods, but initially avoided them
>> because of the LL vs UL reference. I changed my mind when I realized that
>> adding get_boundingbox to the root_figure would be helpful.
>>
>> If there is no objection, I'll push the change later today. First I want to
>> look at the impact on a few other bugs and run the dump demos script.
>
> I don't have an objection, but I find the patch too complicated. The
> FLTK backend should simply use get_boundingbox and set_boundingbox
> functions.
>
> Michael.

Michael,

To simplify things, the get_boundingbox and set_boudingbox methods for figure
objects can be modified to set the origin in the UL corner.

Do you think this is an appropriate approach?

Or, might a 3rd boolean input be added get_boundingbox to allow the origin to
be selected as LL or UL ?

Ben