Re: Error about gnulib not found when cloning octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Error about gnulib not found when cloning octave
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:25:02 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Current state of the dishevelment source is near to the 3.6.0.
For the Octave 3.6.0, windows binaries can be available.

Please follow the instruction to install binaries,
http://www.octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Octave_for_Windows#Octave-3.6.0-mingw_.2B_octaveforge_pkgs

Building octave from development source on MinGW is my homework but it has not
been completed yet :-(. Sorry for inconvenience.

However, if you have enough knowledge msys+MinGW developments, the following
will be a hint to do them.

http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/
Readme_octave-3.6.0.txt

This page includes MinGW and Msys toolkis for octave build and also dependency
libraries required for build.  Some users who have experience for Unixy build
have bee successful to build the development source on MinGW.

Anyway if you want to get complete development source, you need install "git"
program.  I am using Msysgit from the below

http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

Regards

Tatsuro

Regards