How to combine several functions in a single oct-file?

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: How to combine several functions in a single oct-file?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:10:02 +0100

Dear Octave community,

I noticed that "which arrayfun" points to cellfun.oct (octave 3.6.0). This
means that both arrayfun and cellfun are stored in a single oct-file. Now I
wonder how octave knows that it finds arrayfun in cellfun.oct? Does octave load
all oct-files on startup? I thought that a function "foo" has to be located in
foo.m, foo.oct or in the same m-file as the calling function.

Background: My control package has dozens of oct-files and I like to combine
them in just a few oct-files. They all use the SLICOT Fortran library and I
compiled the required parts of it into every single oct-file. I think it would
be better if the Fortran code would be stored in one big oct-file that offers
all the user functions. Like cellfun.oct.

Thanks for any insights and best regards,
Lukas