AW: Donation to GNU Octave

From: Schirmacher, Rolf
Subject: AW: Donation to GNU Octave
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:15:36 +0100

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden Im Auftrag von Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012 15:25
An: Octave Help
Betreff: Re: Donation to GNU Octave

> the tax deductibility of donations to FSFE is directly based on the
> rule that FSFE has to use all of these donations directly within FSFE.
> It is not possible to simply forward money to other organisations,
> especially not to organisations not approved as charitable in Germany.

Simple and perhaps stupid (as I am not a lawyer neither a tax advisor)
questions:
-  Is there anybody within FSFE who could be supported to work on octave?
- Could FSFE use the donation to hire someone as a person to directly fulfil
its task (i.e. promote open software as e.g. octave) and avoid forwarding money
to a non-approved organisation by that?

Perhaps it is not possible to support "octave" as an organisation within the
US, but to support some European octave developers directly?

Regards,

Rolf