Re: xlim gives memory exhausted error when used after plotting (v3.4.3 M

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: xlim gives memory exhausted error when used after plotting (v3.4.3 MinGW Windows)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:26:41 -0500

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Bernhard Weller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey Ben,

I tried some things you suggested, first clf, and hold on are not required
to reproduce the problem (sorry about that, forgot to take that out).

       clear all
       close all
       figure (1)
       semilogx (rand (10000,1))
       xlim ([[1040.3, 1090.4]])

This crashed octave because of clear all (segmentation violation, sounds
like another issue), if I use just clear, I get the error described.

       clear
       close all
       figure (1)
       clf
       hold on
       semilogx ([1040.3, 1090.4], 20*log10([0.029369, 23.101]))
       xlim ([[1040.3, 1090.4]])

Error happens again.

       clear
       close all
       figure (1)
       set (gca, "xscale", "log")
       xlim ([[1040.3, 1090.4]])

Also gives the problem - without any data involved at all.

       clear
       close all
       figure (1)
       plot (EstF, 20*log10(EstMag))
       xlim ([[1040.3, 1090.4]])

This works - but well isn't a logarithmic scale (so probably that's the
issue).

It also doesn't matter if I type it directly or if it runs from a script. I
can also run the script without xlim just fine and then type xlim directly
and the error appears then as well.