Re: pcolor bugs

From: Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Subject: Re: pcolor bugs
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:16:54 +0100

Thanks for the answer. None of the bug reports seems to describe what I found with pcolor...

If you're not sure it is a bug, you can describe what you found here.

1) NaNs are displayed as the lowest value of the color scale and not as blanks.

2) Pcolors with "shading faceted" or "shading flat" shadow anything else in the figure (like plot(x,y) or contours), i.e., only the pcolor is visible and everything else in the figure seems to be "behind" the pcolor. It does not happen with "shading interp" (here you can combine pcolors and other plots in the same figure).

3) I have to check this one deeper, but I think I get pcolor cells which seem to be above the maximum color code (they look red in the pcolor), even though all values are inside the color range. This seems to happen only in combination with "clf" and "hold on" (i.e., when I make a video of pcolors in one figure, cleared each time with clf).

Do these features sound familiar? They definetely look like bugs to me, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Cheers, Ismael.