dbstep + plot = dbcont?

From: Jose
Subject: dbstep + plot = dbcont?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:46:19 +0200

Hello.

I have a problem related to debugging (octave 3.4.3 in Linux)

I use often the "keyboard" instruction to stop the execution of a script and "dbstep" to debug it line by line. If during debugging I encounter a command that involves plots (like plot, title, legend), then the execution of the script does not stop in the next line and continues normally until the next "keyboard" found.

If I use "dbstop" to set a beakpoint instead of "keyboard", it works as expected (by me, that is: execution line by line).

Also, something that to me looks somehow related: when "debug_on_error" is on, the execution of scripts is stopped during any call to plot, and I have to type "dbstep" to continue.

I suspect that these are known issues, and I'd like to understand roughly why this happens and if there is an easy way to change this behavior.

BR
Jose