Re: How to pass variables from octave script to Ubuntu shell

From: Sebastian Döring
Subject: Re: How to pass variables from octave script to Ubuntu shell
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:45:02 +0100

Thanks guys.

Got it working with Carlos' approach.
Since what I am doing with the octave script is not a time-critical thing, writing/reading to/from a file also works, but as I said before, I was simply searching for a nicer way to do this and could not believe that it´s impossible.

So thanks again and have a nice day.

-Sebastian

2012/1/30 Bård Skaflestad <address@hidden>
On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 14:01 +0100, Richardson, Anthony wrote:
> You could have the Octave script write to standard output and then
> capture the output in your bash script.
>

> value=$(( octave --silent --eval "myfile(\"$variable\") ))

Certainly, but is there a reason you cannot drive the other scripts from
Octave through the SYSTEM function, particularly if you want to capture
the output for further processing?

Sincerely,
--
Bård Skaflestad <address@hidden>