Query variable names of NetCDF files

From: Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Subject: Query variable names of NetCDF files
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:50:12 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the list and having a hard time trying to find out how to query the variable names of netCDF files with octave... So far I have being do it first with ncview but then it happens that I try to read a variable name from a file (open with cid = netcdf(myfilename,'r')) which does not contain that variable and my program crashes... Can somebody help? It's surely an easy one... Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ismael.