Re: Print plots without GUI

From: malleor
Subject: Re: Print plots without GUI
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 00:08:11 -0800 (PST)

bpabbott wrote

> The fltk toolkit relies on gl2ps which requires that the plot be rendered
> on screen. If "visible" is set to false, the fltk toolkit cannot print.
>
> If you require the figure to remain hidden, I recommend you use the
> gnuplot toolkit.

Thank you, I'll use gnuplot, then.

Note that this is not a solution to the problem but only a solution to my
requirements. Since Octave provides different implementations for the
graphics API and some vendors do not cover the whole interface, at least a
warning should be displayed. Panic is definitely too much for this
situation.

I would suggest including this case in preconditions assertions of function
plot. Raising an error would be an expected behavior.

Regards,
malleor