Re: Print plots without GUI

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Print plots without GUI
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:14:06 -0800 (PST)

malleor wrote

> bpabbott wrote
>>
>> Which operating system are you running ?
>>
>> And which graphics toolkit are your using ?
>>

> I'm running Win7 x64, using Octave 3.4.3 i686-pc-mingw32 and
> /available_graphics_toolkits/ says I've got FLTK and gnuplot with it.
> (Note that /graphics_toolkit/ has no argument-less version in Octave
> 3.4.3.) Apparently I've been using *FLTK* there since the following code
> works fine:
>
> octave:1> graphics_toolkit('gnuplot')
> octave:2> figure(1, 'visible', false)
> octave:3> plot(1:10,1:10)
> octave:4> print test.png
> octave:5>
>
> and the following fails hard:
>
> octave:1> graphics_toolkit('fltk')
> octave:2> figure(1, 'visible', false)
> octave:3> plot(1:10,1:10)
> panic: Segmentation violation -- stopping myself...
> attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
> save to `octave-core' complete
>
> I haven't been able to solve this myself. Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> malleor

Confirmed on Windows XP SP3 (older) with Octave-3.4.3-MinGW (same as yours).

But with Octave-3.6.0-MinGW on the same system, it all works OK.

So waiting for a prepackaged 3.6.0 version is all I can suggest at the
moment.
(I put my 3.6.0 together from Tatsuro's building pieces but I wouldn't
suggest non-testers and non-developers to try the same.)

Philip