Problem with plots, octave 3.4.3

From: jolala
Subject: Problem with plots, octave 3.4.3
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:41:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a little problem with the 'plot' function (octave 3.4.3 with Ubuntu
11.10). Even if I call the function with a simple array (x = [1 2 3 4 5]),
plot(x) will stall, no error messages, it just stays like this indefinitely:

"
>>>x = [1 2 3 4 5]
x =

   1   2   3   4   5

>>> plot(x)

"
The only thing I can say is that I get a few warnings at Octave startup
(warning: function /usr/local/share/octave/packages/plot-1.0.8/colstyle.m
shadows a core library function) and 2 other warnings (about gmsh and dx
that does not seems to be present).

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Jonathan